Unresolved grief and depression can make a person more vulnerable to developing a substance abuse problem.
- Alcohol Rehab Help at: https://alcoholrehabhelp.org/addiction/alcoholism/am-i-an-alcoholic/. We provide free resources and information to help struggling individuals & families get their lives back on track.
- Alcohol and Grief: www.RehabSpot.com/treatment/co-occurring-disorders/Grief-and-Addiction
- Alcohol and PTSD: https://www.drugrehab.com/co-occurring-disorder/ptsd/, https://www.drugrehab.com/co-occurring-disorder/depression/
- Alcohol and Depression: www.AlcoholRehabGuide.org/resources/dual-diagnosis/alcohol-and-depression
- Grief and Substance Abuse: www.addictioncenter.com/community/4-ways-grief-can-lead-addiction This page would provide further education on how coping with grief can transition to substance abuse.
- Substance Abuse: addictiongroup.org/addiction/ Addiction Group is dedicated to help individuals suffering from substance abuse and prevent new cases through credible information and spreading awareness to as many as we can reach. Every fact-based piece of content is written by journalists or medical professionals.
- Top 10 addiction and rehabilitation list: https://www.addictionresource.net/ See “How We Choose” which types of treatment may be most helpful and effective.
DEATH OF A LOVED ONE
God bless all of you who are struggling to make sense of it all. You are not alone. God gave us friends and family to help us through the challenges of life.
- A Place to Rest Your Grieving Heart (loss of child/loved one) https://www.facebook.com/ABedForMyHeart
- Grief and Substance Abuse
www.addictioncenter.com/community/4-ways-grief-can-lead-addiction this page would provide further education on how coping with grief can transition to substance abuse.
- Ministering One-on-One:
DEPRESSION, PTSD, MENTAL HEALTH
This is a link to a free online support community for depression and anxiety: https://www.joinlift.com/
- Need help? Talk now! https://www.lds.org/mentalhealth
- Like a Broken Vessel – Short video about others who have struggled: https://youtu.be/IrNqGqy5kbQ
- Like a Broken Vessel–Original talk by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/10/like-a-broken-vessel?lang=eng&cid=email-shared
- Be Not Troubled–Elder Ronald A. Rasband, A Message of Hope: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2018/10/be-not-troubled?lang=eng&cid=email-shared
A free web resource dedicated to providing the most up-to-date information about financial decisions that affect health care and retirement.
This free resource highlights coverage, costs, eligibility, and enrollment information, along with answers to some frequently asked questions.